Updated Breakfast and Lunch Notice to Parents
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is allowing the Illinois State Board of Education to extend the waiver to allow all students in the district a free breakfast and lunch through June 2021.
*New Monday November 23 and Tuesday November 24: Free breakfast and lunch will be provided to ALL students and anyone in the community ages 0-18 on Monday November 23 and Tuesday November 24 between 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. at the following locations:
- Herrin High School: curbside on Polk Street in front of main entrance.
- Herrin Junior High School: curbside on 14th Street in front of the gym.
- Herrin Elementary School: curbside at the east entrance.
- North Side Primary Center: curbside on 17th Street in front of main entrance.
* Buses will be delivering breakfast and lunch to the following locations on Monday November 23 and Tuesday November 24:
- Hurst Municipal Building: 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Bush Park Pavilion: 10:45 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Colp on Andrew Springs Road: 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Blue Blaze Estates: 10:45 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Freeman Spur City Hall: 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Christian Life Center parking lot- 10:45 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
Note: Breakfast and lunch can only be picked up by children ages 0-18, or parent/ guardian.