Breakfast and Lunch Notice to Parents
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is allowing the Illinois State Board of Education to extend the waiver to allow all students in the district a free breakfast and lunch through June 2021.
*Monday-Thursday: Free breakfast and lunch is available to ALL students, and anyone in the community ages 0-18. Breakfast and lunch can be picked up at Herrin High School on Polk Street between 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
*Friday: Free breakfast and lunch will be provided to ALL students and anyone in the community ages 0-18 on Fridays between 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. at the following locations:
- Herrin High School: curbside on Polk Street in front of the main entrance.
- Herrin Junior High School: curbside on 14th Street in front of the gym.
- Herrin Elementary School: curbside at the east entrance.
- North Side Primary Center: curbside on 17th Street in front of the main entrance.
* Buses will be delivering breakfast and lunch to the following locations on Friday:
- Hurst Municipal Building: 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Bush Park Pavilion: 10:45 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Colp on Andrew Springs Road: 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Blue Blaze Estates: 10:45 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Freeman Spur City Hall: 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Christian Life Center parking lot-: 10:45 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
Note: Breakfast and lunch can only be picked up by children ages 0-18, or parent/ guardian.
Kindergarten – High School In-Person Students:
Daily breakfast and lunch are available Monday-Thursday to all students.
*Students can request breakfast or lunch upon arrival.
Kindergarten- High School Remote Learning Students
Daily breakfast and lunch are available, Monday-Thursday for all remote students and anyone in the community 0-18. Meals can be picked up in front of Herrin High School on Polk Street between 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Please contact Jeannine Coffey, Food Service Director if you have any questions at 618-942-6544 or Jeannine.email@example.com.